I'm fully aware that this post is going to make me seem a bit crazy. Which is, regrettably, accurate. The fact that I've had this conversation, with multiple people, also regrettable. But, I stand by this list of people I wish were my friends.
- A hybrid version of Emeril Lagasse & Jamie Oliver. Delicious, delectable, somewhat healthy (enter Jamie Oliver) food. Live in my kitchen. Cook for me. Make me the happiest girl in the world.
- Bill Belichick. I'm sure there is a friendly soul somewhere underneath that cool demeanor. I'd like to discover this...have him over for family BBQs...and receive various perks such as, oh I don't know, on-field passes and free season tickets.
- Tim Gunn. I need all the help I can get becoming a snazzy dresser. And I would constantly be setting him up to utter the phrase "make it work.."
- Tyra Banks. So that I would have a friend that I could look at and say..... "Man, that chick is crazy..." and know that she was, indeed, crazier than me. The potential entertainment value of this friendship = endless.
- Beyonce. Truly, I want to BE Beyonce. I have long kept my adoration of Beyonce a closeted secret. Here it is world... I LOVE BEYONCE. But not Sasha Fierce. I can't handle alter-egos.
- Dr. Drew. I would like him to moderate every disagreement Andrew and I might have.
- Nancy Botwin. Yes I know this is a fictional character in Weeds. No, I dont' really want to be friends with a big-time drug dealer. If I could simply be that friend that she meets for coffee, but doesn't get wrapped up in all of her shenanigans- that's be fabulous.
- Reese Witherspoon. I really just want to be her best friend. We could take our kids to the park together, go shopping...ok, ok, I digress...
Could you imagine the epic conglomerate I would have? Not that I don't love my friends & family, because I do... but sometimes, it's fun to dream :) Happy Monday!